Reporting tutoring hours in a timely fashion is vitally important to the continuation of our mission.
You are working to make a difference.
Adults need strong literacy skills to…
- Raise children that have strong literacy skills
- To be good employees
- To keep themselves and their families healthy
- To be active in their communities
- To advocate for themselves and avoid human rights abuse
- And to avoid crime.
Adults Over 16…
- 14% read at or below a fifth grade level
- 29% only read at an eighth grade level
- Among those with the lowest literacy rates 43% live in poverty
- See more at: Proliteracy.org/